With over 500 teams competing in four meat categories, The Joe's Kansas City Open Contest is the largest barbecue contest in the world! Combine this with a barbecue-related trade expo, live music, fireworks, and a Kids' Korral of family-fun, this four-day food festival is truly the "World Series of Barbecue®".
Please understand the American Royal BBQ Contest is a competition, not a sampling event. Due to food safety regulations, sampling of contest foods is prohibited. Entry to the American Royal World Series of Barbecue; includes the opportunity to witness more than 500 teams competing in the largest BBQ event in the world, a Food Court with many options available for purchase, Live Entertainment, entrance in the Marketplace/Expo, Kids Korral (Saturday 10am-3pm), Cooking Demonstrations, Barbecue Hall of Fame Ceremony (Saturday 7pm) and more. Sampling of contest foods is not-included in event entry.
THE JOE’S KANSAS CITY OPEN CONTEST IS FULL AND NO LONGER TAKING APPLICATIONS.
2014 SPACE ASSIGNMENTS ARE POSTED BELOW. If you have a question or concern about your space assignment, please email email@example.com . No phone calls.
New in 2014, the American Royal Association is excited to announce that teams have the opportunity to sell their barbecue to the general public at the World Series of Barbecue® in October! Below are applicant guidelines:
- Teams pay the American Royal $250 for the opportunity to sell barbecue to the general public.
- The American Royal will provide vendor flags distinguishing your space from non-vendors.
- Team’s space will be listed on the information towers as a barbecue vendor.
- Recommended hours are Friday, October 3rd from 6 – 10 pm and Saturday, October 4th from 11 am – 10 pm.
- Teams may sell soda and water purchased directly from the American Royal.
- Teams create their own menu and set prices.
- Teams keep 100% percent of sales. The American Royal will not collect a percentage.
- Teams are solely responsible for payment collection.
Vendor is responsible for obtaining two-day health permit from Kansas City Health Department.
American Royal must receive attached application form and payment by September 1, 2014.
Either mail checks for $250 to:
American Royal Association
1701 American Royal Court
Kansas City, MO 64102
Or call with credit card payment information:
BBQ Contest Assistant
The number of vendors will be limited. Preference will be given to teams who are able to vend both Friday and Saturday.