Student divisions for the photography contest will be grades K-5, 6-9, and 9-12. Award winners will be chosen from each student division and these winners will receive Danish ribbons. There will also be a Grand Champion and Grand Reserve Champion prize which will be awarded to the top two overall entries in the contest.
Photography Contest Entry Guidelines - Mounting and Photo placement:
- Use only 11x12.5 white or tan studio mount/mat (cardboard, foam, or poster board not permitted).
- Photos are to be mounted across the narrow (11”) dimension of the 11x12.5” mat board, exactly 1” from the top. The sides of the photo are to be equidistant from the sides of the mat. (This is true whether the photo has horizontal or vertical orientation.) Horizontal mounted photos will have more space at the bottom of mat board.
- All photos must be no larger than 8x10” and no smaller than 7x9” after trimming. Remove all white borders before mounting.
- A permanent mount (spray photo adhesive) must be used. Do not use white glue, contact cements, or tape. These will damage photo and not provide permanent bond in humidity.
- No lettering is permitted on the photo or on front of the mounting mat.
- On the back of the mat, (lower left corner), print the contestants name, name of the photo if one is chosen, where the photo was taken and, the contestants address and phone number.
- To protect exhibits from dust or moisture, place photo in a 2-gallon clear plastic bag.
Entries should be submitted to the American Royal no later than October 1, 2012 to:
American Royal Association
Attn: Youth Photography Contest
1701 American Royal Court
Kansas City, MO 64102