Monday, August 16 - 9:00 AM - Senior Division
Tuesday, August 17 - 9:00 AM - Junior Division
Wednesday, August 18 - 5:00 PM - Short Go, Jr. & Sr. Divisions
Thursday, August 19 - 7:30 P.M. - American Royal Pro Rodeo
You must arrive during the following hours only, there will be no access into the facility outside of these hours.
Sunday, August 15 - 5:00 PM - Midnight
Monday, August 16 - 6:00 AM - Midnight
Tuesday, August 17 - 6:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Ages 14 and under, as of August 18, 2021
- Mutton Busting (6 & Under)
- Junior Bulls (12-14 years)
- Girls Barrel Racing
- Girls Goat Tying
- Tie-Down Roping or
- Boys Breakaway Roping (may enter either TD or BBK)
- Girls Breakaway Roping
- Girls Pole Bending
- Team Roping (must enter as a team)
- Junior Bareback (10-14 years)
- Steer Riding (9-11 years)
All BOLD events are Jr. Rodeo 14-Under National Championship Events
Ages 15-19, as of August 18, 2021
- Bareback Riding
- Bull Riding
- Barrel Racing (Ladies)
- Breakaway Roping (Ladies)
- Goat Tying (Ladies)
- Pole Bending (Ladies)
- Tie-Down Roping
- Steer Wrestling
- Saddle Bronc Riding
- Team Roping (must enter as a team)
Please review the American Royal Rule Book.
Stalls & Shavings
Stalling is available on the grounds in Lower Exhibition Hall. Stalls will be assigned and one stall is required per contestant. No tie-outs are allowed. Please be advised this location has concrete floors. Outside shavings are NOT allowed. You may purchase shavings onsite they will be $10 a bag in the Feed Room. The Feed Room is located in the South West corner of stalling.
Feed Room Hours:
- Monday – 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday - 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday – 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
RV/Trailer hook-ups will be available at the facility. 30 amp spots will be available for reservation. Hook-ups are located in Lot A, behind the front entrance of the American Royal. Upon arrival you will be directed to your reserved parking spot. Please be respectful of space and be courteous when parking. No tie-outs allowed.
Equine Health Requirements
All horses must have an accompanying current (30 days) Certificate of Veterinary Inspection and Negative Coggins test (1 year). This includes Kansas and Missouri horses. Papers will be checked upon arrival. Only healthy livestock are allowed on the grounds. The Rodeo Veterinarian may perform a health assessment on any animal in question and will have final say on whether or not the animal may be on the grounds.
Please complete the following form and bring it with you when you arrive. They will be collected at the entry gate.
Equine Health Entry Form
Jr. Rodeo 14-Under National Championship
Only one entry fee is required to be entered into the American Royal Youth Rodeo and the Jr. Rodeo 14-Under National Championship.
To be eligible for the title of National Champion and the $21,000 you must be a member of Jr. Rodeo.
Sign up to be a member HERE.
Your membership number is required on the entry form.
- Junior Bull Riding
- Junior Girls Barrel Racing
- Junior Tie-Down Roping
- Junior Girls Breakaway Roping
- Junior Team Roping
- Junior Bareback Riding
Directions & Facility
The rodeo will be held in Hale Arena, located on the Northeast side of the American Royal Center. Warm-up will be in Tom Bass Arena and stalling is in Lower Exhibition Hall, located on the South end of the American Royal Center.
There will NOT be any shirts given out to the contestants this year.
- Average winners will receive the champion belt buckle.
- Short go: 100% payback plus added money per event
- Long go: 75% payback
- Buckles will be presented after the short go performance.
- Checks will be mailed out within 10 days.
- Prize money checks will be void 90 days after issuance.
- No ground money paid. No day money paid.
- If there is a qualified time or score, all prize money will be paid.
- If a contestant does not show up, their entry fee remains in the pot (except with a doctor’s or vet’s release).
Payout will be as follows:
1 entry 100%
2-4 entries, 2 monies - 60%, 40%
5-8 entries, 3 monies - 50%, 30%, 20%
9-12 entries, 4 monies - 40%, 30%, 20%, 10%
13-29 entries, 5 monies - 30%, 25%, 20%, 15%, 10%
30+ entries, 6 monies - 29%, 24%, 19%, 14%, 9%, 5%
Payout breakdown per event:
Entry Fee - $50
- Pot - 75%
- Minimum $3,000 added per Jr. Rodeo 14-Under National Championship events
- Must be a Jr. Rodeo member to be eligible for prize money
- Minimum $175 added per American Royal Event
There will be no refunds for Youth Rodeo. Exceptions will be considered if a doctor’s note or vet release is produced and approved by the day of competition. Requests for refunds must be submitted to the American Royal and are subject to a $20 cancellation fee. The amount to be refunded may not be used as a credit toward a future event.
In case of cancellation of the contest or unavailability of the event due to any causes that are beyond the American Royal’s control, including, without limitation, such causes as war, governmental action or order, act of God, fire, flood, severe storm, strike, labor disputes, or other similar causes (“Force Majeure Event”), this Agreement shall terminate, and the Contestant shall be entitled to the return of the fees for the Contest, less the prorated share allocated to the American Royal of the expenses incurred by the Royal in connection with the event as of the date of the Force Majeure Event. Refund of the Fees as provided in this section shall be the exclusive remedy of the Contestant against the American Royal in case the contest is cancelled or rescheduled through a Force Majeure Event. In the event of cancellation or unavailability for reasons beyond the control of the American Royal, Contestant releases and holds all claims for damage and agrees that the American Royal shall have no obligation except the above stated refund.
Signage & Decorations
Signage & Decoration Guidelines:
- There is no signage allowed outside your assigned exhibitor space.
- Decorations, signs, posters, etc., may not be taped, nailed, tacked, or otherwise fastened to ceilings, painted surfaces, columns, glass doors, marble, fabric, walls, etc.
- Approved tape 3M 9589 (double side adhesive), 3M 471 (single side adhesive) and Gaffers tapes are the only approved products for booth markings and carpet applications within the facility. Applied tapes and any residue must be removed from all surfaces prior to move-out.
- Paint, shoe polish and unapproved tapes are not allowed to be used in the facility.
- No drilling of the structure is allowed. Any means of attachment must be non-destructive to the structure.
- Helium balloons are not allowed inside the facility. The Facility Manager may approve helium balloons if they are an integral part of the display.
- Glitter and adhesive-backed decals are not permitted in the facility or on the premises.
- All labor requirements for move-in/out, setup of display areas, etc. shall be the responsibility of show management and/or exhibitors and their service providers.
Vendor Rules & Regulations
All vendors participating in the Youth Rodeo should review the Vendor Rules and Regulations prior to arriving at the American Royal.
Rules & Regulations