Invitational Contest Process and Registration
The qualifying period for the 2022 Invitational Contest is July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022.
Invites and Registrations for the 2022 contest will be sent out in Spring of 2022.
- If your team has won a Grand Championship from a qualifying contest from July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022: You should receive an invite email from the American Royal asking you to join. These emails will be sent out in early 2022 when details of the 2022 World Series of Barbecue are announced. There is only one form to register this year – teams that are joining the BBQ and have qualified can fill out the invitational qualification information on their team registration. The American Royal team will crosscheck and will notify the team/chief cook if there are any questions. If you do not receive an invite email from the American Royal and believe you have qualified, you may email [email protected] to verify.
- All teams are required to register online.
- All teams are required to turn in/participate in the open Meats Contest and purchase a space for their team for the weekend.
- During registration, you will be asked if you are an invitational team (button on the form).
- The American Royal will cross verify that you are an invitational team.
- No additional fee is required to participate in the Invitational contest.
- If you have questions about this process, please email [email protected]